Children use berry baskets to make different designs with paint.
To make different designs and colors using paint and plastic berry baskets.
- Plastic berry baskets
- Paint smocks
- Meat trays
- Have the children put their paint smocks on.
- Put out several different berry baskets along with several different colors of paint.
- Pour paint into the plastic meat trays.
- Place the baskets into the paint.
- The children can pick the colors they want to use for their creation of art.
- Tell the children to use the berry baskets to create prints on their paper. They can make single prints or overlap prints if they’d like.
When the paintings are dry, they make really neat designs!
By: Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Related lesson plans:
- Art with Colored Shaving Cream Share/BookmarkThe students use different textures and mediums to paint with. Materials: shaving cream washable finger paint plastic spoons, for stirring bowls paper painting smocks for each child paintbrushes Lesson Plan: Put a 1/2 cup of shaving cream in a bowl...
- Pass the Pumpkin Game Share/BookmarkChildren practice naming colors as they pass a pumpkin full of crayons. Skill: Color Recognition Materials: Large plastic pumpkin One crayon per student — use a variety of colors Plan: In a large plastic pumpkin, place one crayon per child....
- Alphabet Learning Centers Share/BookmarkA growing collection of independent activities for use in alphabet learning centers. Hanging Out the Alphabet by: T. Smith This is great for Spelling Center. Put up a string up like a clothesline. Write the alphabet on clothespins. (You will...
- Alphabet Recognition Game Share/BookmarkObjectives: Students will recognize letters of alphabet Materials: ABC’s (I use large 3″ plastic letters) Activity: Students participate in alphabet race: Place alphabet letters on the floor at one end of the room. Line the students up by two’s and...
- M & M Counting Chart Share/BookmarkChildren graph the M&Ms by color, graph their favorite color M and M as a class. Objectives: To learn how to count and to help reinforce colors. Materials: A small graph with the different colors of M and M’s Try...