The students use different textures and mediums to paint with.
- shaving cream
- washable finger paint
- plastic spoons, for stirring
- painting smocks for each child
- Put a 1/2 cup of shaving cream in a bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of washable liquid paint.
- Stir with plastic spoon and leave out for kids.
- Put several paint brushes in every color you make.
- Remind the kids to keep the paint brushes in the correct color of paint.
- Now have the kids put on their paint smocks and get a piece of paper to paint on. They can paint whatever they want or they can be given a theme such as paint the people in your family or paint your favorite toy or paint your house!
- Let the pictures dry, and then write a simple sentence at the bottom telling their parents what they painted!
You could also have them print their name if they are trying to learn to write their name!!!
By: Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Related lesson plans:
- Colored Sand Art Share/BookmarkThe children try different mediums to create works of art. Materials: sand food coloring sandwich bags construction paper trays glue Lesson Plan: Pour a cup or two of sand into a sandwich bag. Have the child choose a food color...
- The Rainbow Fish Art and Craft Activities – Paper Plate Fish, Wax Resist, Watercolor Fish Share/BookmarkPaper Plate Rainbow Fish Materials: Book: The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister Paper plates magic markers fish imagination hologram stickers Cut many different fish out of paper plates, one for each child. The ridges on the plates make really great fins....
- Berry Basket Painting Share/BookmarkChildren use berry baskets to make different designs with paint. Objectives: To make different designs and colors using paint and plastic berry baskets. Materials: Plastic berry baskets Paint Paper Paint smocks Meat trays Lesson Plan: Have the children put their...
- Book Caterpillar Classroom Display Share/BookmarkMake a caterpillar to display in the classroom or hallway showing each book that has been read. Parents can see the books the kids have been reading! Materials: Construction paper in a variety of colors. Black permanent marker Titles of...
- Go Away, Big Green Monster! Activities Share/BookmarkThrough fun hands on art, cooking, math, writing, and science activities, your students will have no fear of monsters! Materials: These are all the materials needed for any of the projects listed. Choose what you need from the list, depending...