After reading Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington we make Yummy Pumpkin Treats. This activity enhances math with counting and following directions.
You will need:
- Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington
- a pumpkin cookie cutter
- cream cheese
- candy corn
- cereal (like Cheerios)
- orange food coloring
- Color the cream cheese orange with the food coloring.
- Have each student press out their pumpkin on their slice of bread.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bread.
- Take 2 raisins and place them for eyes.
- Take one candy corn and place it for the nose.
- Count 5 Cheerios and place them in the shape of a mouth.
- Eat and enjoy!
I have made a chart that the children can refer to as well with the number of each object they need. They love to count and make their tasty treat!
My name is Amy Koch and I teach Kindergarten at Kelly Elementary. This is my second year teaching…however, I love to share ideas with teachers. You can learn so much.
By: Amy Koch, Kindergarten Teacher