Students will love this book and activity. Map skills, counting, and following directions are reinforced.
- one refrigerator biscuit per child
- a can of apple pie filling
- Have each student press out their biscuit.
- Take one apple from the filling and place to one side.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the apple.
- Fold in half.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top.
- Bake according to the biscuit package and enjoy.
By: Amy Koch, Kindergarten Teacher
Related lesson plans:
- Yummy Pumpkin Treats Snack Activity Share/BookmarkObjectives: After reading Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington we make Yummy Pumpkin Treats. This activity enhances math with counting and following directions. You will need: Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington a pumpkin cookie cutter bread cream cheese raisins candy corn...
- An Apple a Day Student-Created Bulletin Board Activity Share/BookmarkStudents learn about apples, then help create a bulletin board for the classroom. This activity will enhance students’ skills with cutting, pasting, and painting. Materials: small paper plates (1 for each student) green construction paper squares brown construction paper squares red,...
- Equal Parts Snack Recipe & Activity With Bananas Share/BookmarkChildren learn how to divide things into equal parts with this activity to make banana drops. What you’ll need: Book - The Doorbell Rang Ingredients: 1 12-ounce package of semi sweet chocolate chips 1 cup chopped peanuts 1 banana for every...
- Apple Exploration! Learning Centers Share/BookmarkFind several center station activities for a theme on apples and Johnny Appleseed Materials: stories about Johnny Appleseed Book by Steven Kellogg, Johnny Appleseed, A Tall Tale (Click for Ordering Information: Hardcover or Big Book) Tasting Station : apples – 5 different kinds, cut...
- Counting: Make a Cheerios Necklace Share/BookmarkThe students count to 10 or 20 by making Cheerios necklaces. This is also a good activity for developing fine motor skills. Objectives: To learn to count to 10 (preschool) or 20 (Kindergarten). Materials: Book: The Cheerios Counting Book construction...