Students design their own bunny mask to follow-up reading the book, Runaway Bunny.
- Small ears cut out of pink construction paper
- different colors of tempera paint
- paint smocks
- Read the Runaway Bunny.
- Take a paper plate and cut it in half. One part will be for the mask and the other half will be used to make the bunny ears.
- Cut out two holes for eyes on one half of the paper plate. This is the mask.
- Have the children decide what color they want to paint their mask. Have them paint it, and then let it dry.
- You can have the children sprinkle glitter on their paint while it is wet.
- Now take the other half of the paper plate and cut it into two bunny ears. Cut smaller pink centers for the ears. The children can glue the pink part of the ears on the paper plate ears.
- Staple the ears onto the top of the paper plate mask.
- For the handle, tape or staple the straw to the bottom corner of the mask.
- The mask is ready to wear!
It is best if you let the masks dry for a day before you attach the ears and straw!!
By: Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher