Students learn number recognition, following simple rules, and listening skills.
Number recognition, following simple rules, and listening skills
- number cards made out of construction paper
- tape recorder
- cheetos (or other edibles)
- small pieces of paper with numbers matching the number cards
- a container for small pieces of papers with the numbers
- Make up number cards with construction paper.
- Write the numbers you are working on, on each paper. (Ex. 1 on one piece, 2 on another piece of construction paper).
- Tape the number cards to the floor in a square shape. (If you laminate the number cards, you get more use out of them).
- Make up small pieces of paper with numbers on it to match number cards.
- Place the small pieces of paper with numbers on them in the container.
- Have students each stand on a number.
- As the music plays, the students will walk around on the numbers.
- When the music stops (you control the music), you draw a number out of the container.
- Call out the number you drew, whoever is standing on the number, wins the Cheeto. (You can also use this activity for colors, shapes, alphabet).
The students love this game. They are learning and do not even know it.
By: K. Rhodes, Academic Support (K-6th grade) Teacher
Related lesson plans:
- Pass the Pumpkin Game Share/BookmarkChildren practice naming colors as they pass a pumpkin full of crayons. Skill: Color Recognition Materials: Large plastic pumpkin One crayon per student — use a variety of colors Plan: In a large plastic pumpkin, place one crayon per child....
- Alphabet Learning Centers Share/BookmarkA growing collection of independent activities for use in alphabet learning centers. Hanging Out the Alphabet by: T. Smith This is great for Spelling Center. Put up a string up like a clothesline. Write the alphabet on clothespins. (You will...
- Alphabet Recognition Game Share/BookmarkObjectives: Students will recognize letters of alphabet Materials: ABC’s (I use large 3″ plastic letters) Activity: Students participate in alphabet race: Place alphabet letters on the floor at one end of the room. Line the students up by two’s and...
- Pumpkin Circuit Learning Centers Share/BookmarkSet up pumpkin activities in a circuit. Cooperative groups rotate from station to station. This activity may be planned during a unit on pumpkins. I usually plan it toward the end of my unit on pumpkins in late October. Materials:...
- Apple Exploration! Learning Centers Share/BookmarkFind several center station activities for a theme on apples and Johnny Appleseed Materials: stories about Johnny Appleseed Book by Steven Kellogg, Johnny Appleseed, A Tall Tale (Click for Ordering Information: Hardcover or Big Book) Tasting Station : apples – 5 different kinds, cut...