Children practice naming colors as they pass a pumpkin full of crayons.
Skill: Color Recognition
Large plastic pumpkin
One crayon per student — use a variety of colors
- In a large plastic pumpkin, place one crayon per child. Use a variety of colors.
- Children sit in a circle and pass the pumpkin while music plays.
- When the music stops, the child holding the pumpkin chooses a crayon and names the color.
- Continue until all have had a turn.
Related lesson plans:
- Pumpkin Investigation Share/BookmarkMake a book describing the inside and outside of a pumpkin using the five senses and observation skills. Objectives: use words to describe inside and outside of the pumpkin record descriptions on paper (in a pumpkin book) Materials: Pumpkin with...
- The Cheeto Walk Learning Game Share/BookmarkStudents learn number recognition, following simple rules, and listening skills. Objectives: Number recognition, following simple rules, and listening skills Materials: number cards made out of construction paper tape music tape recorder cheetos (or other edibles) small pieces of paper with...
- A Pumpkin Patch Art Activity Share/BookmarkA fun art activity that ties into a pumpkin theme. It would be a great follow up to a trip to the pumpkin patch! Materials: orange paint brown bags of all sizes green pipe cleaners black precut triangles and circles...
- Yummy Pumpkin Treats Snack Activity Share/BookmarkObjectives: After reading Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington we make Yummy Pumpkin Treats. This activity enhances math with counting and following directions. You will need: Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington a pumpkin cookie cutter bread cream cheese raisins candy corn...
- Pumpkin Circuit Learning Centers Share/BookmarkSet up pumpkin activities in a circuit. Cooperative groups rotate from station to station. This activity may be planned during a unit on pumpkins. I usually plan it toward the end of my unit on pumpkins in late October. Materials:...