Uses Eric Carle’s Do You Want to Be My Friend? to teach about friendship.
To teach social skills and how to develop friendships.
- Discuss the meaning of being a friend and what good qualities are in a friend.
- Read the story.
- Discuss the mouse’s search for the perfect friend.
- What good qualities were in each friend he found?
- Make a friendship rainbow to hang over the entrance way to your door.
- Use the kids hand prints in each color.
- Talk about what friends the children have made since they have been in school.
- What is a good quality about that friend? Why do they like that friend and what activities do they do together?
- After the rainbow dries hang it over your door with the saying – A Rainbow of Friendship Hand in Hand.