Children will be able to indentify the main idea of a story by writing a title and drawing a picture that goes with the title.
- You can use any story book
- chart paper
- white drawing paper
- markers and crayons.
- Zip lock bag
- pen, pencil, and paper
- Have the children sit together on a rug. Teacher will have a story book to read. The cover of the book will be covered.
- Teacher tells the children they will hear a story but not know the title. It is the childrens’ job to come up with a title for the book and a picture for the cover.
- Before reading the story, teacher will have two zip lock bags. One bag is filled with envelope, pen, pecil, stamp and paper. Teacher will says let’s pretend this is a book. what would be a good title for this book.(a) The Elephant is Hungry(b) Franklin Writes a Letter ( c)Spring Has Sprung
- Discuss all answers.
- Teacher reads story and children will give titles for that story.
- Teacher writes responses down on chart paper.
- Children write a title and draw a picture to match the story.
- Share childrens’ work.
By: 1st Grade Teacher
No comments yet.