Students will practice counting to ten and one to one association.
- catalogs or magazines, such as Sears, Ltd and J.C. Penney
- large pieces of construction paper of different colors
- Find large numbers in the catalogs or magazines. Use these to glue at the corner or center of each page of your number book. (You should have numbers 1 through 10.)
- Have the kids look for pictures of that many items in the catalogs. Such as find 4 of any item you want in the magazines. Some things my kids did were babies, shirts, pants, shorts, toys, men and women.
- I would pick out their number for them depending on how well they do with the scissors. For instance, if they are not really good with scissors yet, give them one of the lower numbers to find pictures for.
- When all the numbers are done have the book put together and laminate it for the clssroom.
- Read the book often and have the kids tell which picture they did!
Grade Level(s): Preschool, K
By: Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
No comments yet.