Students will practice counting to ten and one to one association.
- catalogs or magazines, such as Sears, Ltd and J.C. Penney
- large pieces of construction paper of different colors
- Find large numbers in the catalogs or magazines. Use these to glue at the corner or center of each page of your number book. (You should have numbers 1 through 10.)
- Have the kids look for pictures of that many items in the catalogs. Such as find 4 of any item you want in the magazines. Some things my kids did were babies, shirts, pants, shorts, toys, men and women.
- I would pick out their number for them depending on how well they do with the scissors. For instance, if they are not really good with scissors yet, give them one of the lower numbers to find pictures for.
- When all the numbers are done have the book put together and laminate it for the clssroom.
- Read the book often and have the kids tell which picture they did!
Grade Level(s): Preschool, K
By: Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
Related lesson plans:
- 10 Apples Up On Top Class Book Activity Share/BookmarkMake class books as a follow-up activity to this great Dr. Seuss book. Materials: Ten Apples Up On Top! by Theo. LeSieg (Dr. Seuss) tagboard apple cutouts pictures of students Lesson Plan: To make the pages, I cut 11 x...
- Book Caterpillar Classroom Display Share/BookmarkMake a caterpillar to display in the classroom or hallway showing each book that has been read. Parents can see the books the kids have been reading! Materials: Construction paper in a variety of colors. Black permanent marker Titles of...
- 100th Day of School 50-50 Book Share/BookmarkWrite a book listing groups of 50 opposites. I did this with my students, and they called it “The 100 Book” because each page spread has 100 items. Materials: markers large white sheets of construction paper Book: Ten Black Dots by...
- Benny’s Pennies Book Activity Share/BookmarkLarge group lesson using the story Benny’s Pennies. Objectives: Incorporates rhymes, prediction, math, and recall. Materials: Book: Benny’s Pennies Flannel board Flannel board pieces Posterboard Pennies (real or cutouts) Lesson Plan: During large group, read the story, Benny’s Pennies. Have...
- Interactive Alphabet Book for Matching Letters Share/BookmarkMake an interactive alphabet book for matching letters. Materials: tagboard large printed letters (2 sets) glue string hole puncher velcro Activity: TIP: Read all the directions before beginning… Take one peice of tagboard and glue 2 letters to each side...