Write a book listing groups of 50 opposites. I did this with my students, and they called it “The 100 Book” because each page spread has 100 items.
- large white sheets of construction paper
- Book: Ten Black Dots by Donald Crews
I do this after I read Ten Black Dots which reinforces counting skills. We talk about how many groups of ten it takes to make 50 and how many groups of ten it takes to make 100. Then, we write a book making lists of “50″ opposites.
50 things in the sky – 50 things on the ground
50 hot things – 50 cold things
For smaller children you might use things like:
50 toys I would want – 50 toys I would never want
50 blue things – 50 red things, etc…easier questions.
Write a sentence using some of the examples above on dual sheets stapled in the form of a book. On one side write one group of 50 things, on the next the other 50 which should be the opposite.
Share the book with other classes for the 100th day of school celebration.
By: Amy Koch, kindergarten teacher
Related lesson plans:
- 100th Day of School Collections Share/Bookmark100 items–children predict weights, weigh, and chart results. Materials: Bags of items of 100 something to weigh your items I prepare bags of 100 pennies, 100 popsicle sticks, 100 pasta noodles, 100 fruit loops and any other 100 items I...
- The Kissing Hand Activity for the First Week of School Share/BookmarkActivities to go along with the book The Kissing Hand. Materials: Put the following items in a book bag or backpack or shoebox: Book: The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn Heart shaped stickers Hand cut outs Journal book Pencils or crayons Lesson...
- Favorite 100th Day Activities Share/BookmarkFavorite 100th day activities shared at the A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums. By jentch123 I am planning to have the students bring a snack with 100 things in it. Like M&M’s, Skittles, cereal, pretzels, etc. Then we mix it all together...
- Back to School Rules Share/BookmarkLearn the basic classroom rules to have a safe and productive year. Materials: paper pencil chalkboard chalk eraser Optional: an old phone Plan: First I talk to the students about the basic classroom rules and why they are so important....
- 100th Day Activities Share/Bookmark100 lipstick kisses, make a 100 stamp book, estimate time it takes to do 100 things, and other creative & fun ideas for the 100th day of school. By: Sandi M. Reyes Orginally posted on the A to Z Teacher...