100 lipstick kisses, make a 100 stamp book, estimate time it takes to do 100 things, and other creative & fun ideas for the 100th day of school. By: Sandi M. Reyes
Orginally posted on the A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums:
- We make necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops, strung in groups of 10 by color. The kids love this one. (Hint…sort the colors ahead of time so kids don’t spend too much time sorting and counting out)
- I also read the story The Wolf’s Chicken Stew. The wolf tries to fatten up the chicken by cooking 100 donuts, pancakes, etc. That day, I cook 100 pancakes and the kids get to eat them.
- Another teacher has the students estimate where they end up if they take 100 steps from their classroom and then they actually do it and see how the predictions were. She lays down 100 paper feet cutouts.
- I number 100 circle stickers in green, red, blue, and yellow and place them around the room. Each child gets a 100 grid and a crayon for each of the colors. They have 20 minutes to find as many stickers as possible and color the space on the grid the correct color of the sticker. This year I’m assigning teams to see if they will come up with a “plan” to work together to achieve the goal faster.
- Have the kids put on lipstick and kiss a large piece of paper 100 times. They will laugh and laugh and laugh!
- Make a 100 stamp book with 10 pages and 10 stamps on each page.
- Estimate and test how long it would take to do 100… jumping jacks, sit-ups, hops, spins, etc.
Also by Sandi M. Reyes:
100 Arms and Legs: KinderReaders 100th Day of School Activity Kit
PDF Format – Download Now!
Sandi is a kindergarten teacher and creator of the popular KINDERREADERS series.
Related lesson plans:
- Favorite 100th Day Activities Share/BookmarkFavorite 100th day activities shared at the A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums. By jentch123 I am planning to have the students bring a snack with 100 things in it. Like M&M’s, Skittles, cereal, pretzels, etc. Then we mix it all together...
- 100th Day of School 50-50 Book Share/BookmarkWrite a book listing groups of 50 opposites. I did this with my students, and they called it “The 100 Book” because each page spread has 100 items. Materials: markers large white sheets of construction paper Book: Ten Black Dots by...
- The Wolf’s Chicken Stew 100 Pancakes 100th Day Activity Share/BookmarkCelebrate 100 by reading The Wolf’s Chicken Stew, graphing, and making 100 pancakes! Materials: The Wolf’s Chicken Stew by Keiko Kaska griddle (more than one if you can borrow) pancake mix (you will need 1 whole box) turner Lesson Plan:...
- 100th Day of School Collections Share/Bookmark100 items–children predict weights, weigh, and chart results. Materials: Bags of items of 100 something to weigh your items I prepare bags of 100 pennies, 100 popsicle sticks, 100 pasta noodles, 100 fruit loops and any other 100 items I...
- Alphabet Activities: Letter S Share/BookmarkLetter S Spaghetti Party Learning about the letter S can be fun with a spaghetti party I copied a large letter S onto a red piece of paper (for the red spaghetti sauce, of course). At home, I over-cooked some...