Letter S Spaghetti Party
Learning about the letter S can be fun with a spaghetti party
- I copied a large letter S onto a red piece of paper (for the red spaghetti sauce, of course).
- At home, I over-cooked some spaghetti noodles until they were nice and sticky. I stored the noodles in a plastic baggy with some water.
- I gave each of my Kindergarten students two spaghetti noodles and a copy of the letter S.
- I asked them to form their spaghetti noodles into the shape of the letter S on the paper.
- Once they were done, they had to try to make another letter S with their spaghetti on the back of the paper without being able to see the written letter.
- After that, they used their spaghetti noodles to make pictures of objects that begin with the letter S (a snake, a sock, or a star for example).
- The kids loved playing with their “sticky spaghetti,” and they had a hands-on activity that helped them learn how to recognize and write the letter S.
The Letter “S”
Draw a large “S” on a piece of construction paper. Have the students take stickers and go over the prewritten “S”. I also put “S is for Stickers” at the top of the page.