Students will be able to put parts of a sentence together to make a complete sentence.
- sentence strips
- sentence parts
- Do some warm up exercises with parts of a sentences using pieces of sentences strips. Have volunteers come to the board to put sentences in order.
- After the beginning exercise on the board demonstrate what the students will do will do next.
- Pick a strip of paper from two different bags, and put them together to form a sentence.
- Copy the sentence on the piece of paper.
- Illustrate the sentence in the space provided on the paper. (These sentences will be silly sentences)
- Review procedure to check for clearness in directions.
- Students will then pick their strips and begin work on their sentence.
- When the students return to their seats answer any possible questions about their sentences.
- Some students may have problems reading their sentences.
- After the students illustrate their sentences they will be able to return to the carpet with their pictures and present them to the class by reading their sentences and showing their illustration.
Grade Level(s): 1-2
By: Mandy Wallace
Related lesson plans:
- Thanksgiving : The Mayflower Share/BookmarkStudents will be able to identify what a pilgrim is and what it was like to travel on The Mayflower. Materials: If You Sailed on The Mayflower in 1620 by Ann McGovern blue paper boat shapes craft sticks triangle shapes glue...
- Guided Reading Lesson for If You Give A Mouse a Cookie Share/BookmarkThis lesson will help students to make predictions using the pictures and the text. It will also help them with sequencing and recognizing words. Materials: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – Hardcover or Big Book A teacher “cookie jar” costume...
- The Heart Share/BookmarkThe objective of this lesson is to introduce the parts of the heart and the flow of blood through the heart. Materials: diagram of the heart a model of the heart masking tape markers small pieces of paper or index...
- Dinofours My Seeds Won’t Grow Book Activity Share/BookmarkStudents will be able to identify what plants need to grow. Materials: Book: Dinofours My Seeds Won’t Grow clear plastic cups seeds- Lima Beans or marigolds water potting soil Lesson Plan: Read and discuss the story including talking about what...
- Group Turkey Wreath Share/BookmarkStudents help make a classroom Thanksgiving decoration using fine motor skills–cutting & rolling–to create paper curls. Objectives: Art; fine motor skills: Students use cutting skills and pencil rolling to create paper curls. Materials: Brown posterboard Brown construction paper Assorted color...