Use this song at circle time, calendar, or turn it into a class book!
Learning to count.
- A large sheet of butcher block paper
On a large sheet of paper copy down this song. Add pictures of the animals in the song.
Tune: The Twleve Days of Christmas
Jim and Rosie went out walking and What did they see?
- Ten flowers dancing
- Nine rabbits hopping
- Eight chickens hatching
- Seven children chatting
- Six squirrels scuttling
- F I V E sailing boats
- Four flying kites
- Three brown cows
- Two scarecrows
- …and one duck quacking for tea!
This song would be perfect to make into a classroom book for all the kids to look at and recite!
Grade Level(s): Preschool, K
By: Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
Related lesson plans:
- Class Number Book Share/BookmarkStudents will practice counting to ten and one to one association. Materials: catalogs or magazines, such as Sears, Ltd and J.C. Penney scissors glue large pieces of construction paper of different colors Lesson Plan: Find large numbers in the catalogs...
- Number Wall Display Share/BookmarkIdea for displaying numbers and shapes on the wall. Objectives: To help children make a one to one correspondence with numbers. For example 10 = 10 items. Materials: Several patterns of shapes construction paper in a variety of colors numbers...
- Zoo Song Book Share/BookmarkThis activity is inspired by the book, Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell. Objectives: To learn what different types of zoo animals look like. To learn descriptive words. Materials: Butcher block paper Markers Magazine pictures of animals in the zoo Lesson Plan:...
- Learning the Days of the Week Share/BookmarkSong lyrics for singing about the days of the week. Objectives: To teach children the days of the week through a song. Lesson Plan: During group time this can be sung everyday to help children learn the days of the...
- Brown Bear Pudding Style! Share/BookmarkAfter reading the story Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle, children will paint a bear with chocolate pudding! Get the Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? BIG BOOK version at Amazon. Objectives: To integrate literacy and gross...