Song lyrics for singing about the days of the week.
To teach children the days of the week through a song.
During group time this can be sung everyday to help children learn the days of the week.
For the day of the week the song is:
Today is Monday all day long doo-dah doo-dah
Today is Monday all day long all the doo dah day
For all the days of the week at one time the song is:
(Sung to the tune of Happy Days)
What a Day,
What a Day to watch cartoons…
I have changed the last line in the song to whatever their favorite cartoon is such as,” Saturday! What a Day to watch Scooby Dooo!” The kids love changing the last line to their favorite cartoon.
Also the Today is— all day long can be used for everyday of the week. The kids need to wave their hands back and forth when they sing the song.
On the Happy Days song, the kids clap their hands as they say happy days. Each time they say happy days they clap it out as well as sing it.
They love to do this everyday!
Grade Level(s): Preschool, K
By: Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Related lesson plans:
- The Kissing Hand Activity for the First Week of School Share/BookmarkActivities to go along with the book The Kissing Hand. Materials: Put the following items in a book bag or backpack or shoebox: Book: The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn Heart shaped stickers Hand cut outs Journal book Pencils or crayons Lesson...
- Apple Exploration! Learning Centers Share/BookmarkFind several center station activities for a theme on apples and Johnny Appleseed Materials: stories about Johnny Appleseed Book by Steven Kellogg, Johnny Appleseed, A Tall Tale (Click for Ordering Information: Hardcover or Big Book) Tasting Station : apples – 5 different kinds, cut...
- Alphabet Learning Centers Share/BookmarkA growing collection of independent activities for use in alphabet learning centers. Hanging Out the Alphabet by: T. Smith This is great for Spelling Center. Put up a string up like a clothesline. Write the alphabet on clothespins. (You will...
- Pumpkin Circuit Learning Centers Share/BookmarkSet up pumpkin activities in a circuit. Cooperative groups rotate from station to station. This activity may be planned during a unit on pumpkins. I usually plan it toward the end of my unit on pumpkins in late October. Materials:...
- Teamwork Lesson for Learning to Work Together (6th Grade) Share/BookmarkStudents will learn how to work in groups. Objectives: Students will be able to define teamwork. Students will work together to brainstorm 3/4 words that teamwork means to them. Students will develop three or four positive guidelines for working in...