Children graph the M&Ms by color, graph their favorite color M and M as a class.
To learn how to count and to help reinforce colors.
- A small graph with the different colors of M and M’s
Try this printable M & M Chart from A to Z Teacher Stuff
- A large piece of paper to make another graph to display everyone’s favorite color of M & M
- Pass out a handful of M & M’s to every child in the class.
- Have them put the colored M & M’s on the correct spot on their graph.
- Have them count how many green ones they have. Then how many brown ones and so on…
- Let the children then eat the M & M’s and then ask them what their favorite color of M & M is.
- Then make a chart showing the children’s favorite M & M colors.
- Have them answer questions such as what is the most favorite color of the class? What is the least favorite color?
- List the favorites in order from greatest to smallest.
The kids love this counting activity!
By: Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
This was so cool, the children enjoyed it and so did I M & M’s yum yum