Review the alphabet with A, My Name is Alice & an animal alphabet hall display or class book.
Book: A, My Name is Alice
One large sheet of construction paper for each child.
- Create a “Kindergarten Zoo” to display in the hall, or turn into a class alphabet book!
- After reading the book, let the children select pictures of animals for an assigned or chosen letter of the alphabet, glue them on their paper, and write the letter underneath.
- Pick the level for your children. I have used this before and had the children write a sentence underneath their pictures, as well using some of the animal names and facts which are found on the computer encyclopedia.
- After each child completes their page, have them tell about their creation and read their sentence (if you did this).
- Then, put them up in the hall under the caption “Kindergarten Zoo”
By: Amy Koch, Kindergarten Teacher