Day 3 – Finish Johnny Appleseed Theme
LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES
Poem: ” Ten Red Apples” with hand motions
Ten red apples grow on a tree
Five for you and five for me
Help me shake the tree just so
And ten red apples down below
1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10
• Ten Apples up On Top by Dr Suess
SMALL GROUP ACTIVITIES
• Make apple prints. Cut an apple in half crosswise. Use tempera paint and press onto paper.
• Make Johnny Appleseed puppets.
• Color Apple tree with 10 apples
• Apple Muffins
• Make apple cider
Poem: Hot Apple Cider
Hand out on recipe cards in the shape of an apple with this poem on them to take home to mom and dad! (They can glue the poem on the apple as one of the activities).
Hot apple cider, hot apple pie,
Hot apple cider, my oh my!
Hot apple butter, hot apple crisp,
Hot apple butter, what a dish!
Hot apple muffins, hot apple tart,
Hot apple muffins they steal my heart!
Hot apple toppings, hot applesauce,
If you don’t like apples, oh what a loss!
Finish movie “Johnny Appleseed”.
Related lesson plans:
- Day 2: Johnny Appleseed for Little Ones Theme Unit Share/BookmarkDay 2 – Introduce Johnny Appleseed LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES Song – sung to “This Old Man” Four red apples, on the tree Two for you and two for me So-o shake that tree and watch them fall One, two, three,...
- Johnny Appleseed for Little Ones Theme Unit Share/BookmarkThis is a three day theme unit featuring activities and ideas for all areas of the curriculum. It will help students become familiar with Johnny Appleseed while learning a wide variety of skills. This is particularly good for the fall....
- Folktale Unit Share/Bookmark7 lessons for learning about folktales: What is a Fairy Tale or Folk Tale?, The Princess and the Golden Shoes, The Emperor and the Kite, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, and Johnny Appleseed....
- Apple Exploration! Learning Centers Share/BookmarkFind several center station activities for a theme on apples and Johnny Appleseed Materials: stories about Johnny Appleseed Book by Steven Kellogg, Johnny Appleseed, A Tall Tale (Click for Ordering Information: Hardcover or Big Book) Tasting Station : apples – 5 different kinds, cut...
- An Apple a Day Student-Created Bulletin Board Activity Share/BookmarkStudents learn about apples, then help create a bulletin board for the classroom. This activity will enhance students’ skills with cutting, pasting, and painting. Materials: small paper plates (1 for each student) green construction paper squares brown construction paper squares red,...