We read the book and talk about the children’s sledding experiences. What kinds of inventions would they make for better sledding? Then we make a sled ornament.
- Curious George in the Snow
- 1 wooden sled – (You can pick these up at craft stores or make them with popsicle sticks.)
- 5″ of yellow cording per child
- We read the book and discuss the things listed above.
- After our brains have thought all they can, we paint our sleds.
- When they dry, we hot glue the gold cording to form a hanger on the back side of the sled.
- I then give the children a small black sharpie and have them write their name and Kindergarten 1999 (or whatever year it is) on the back.
- Parents tell me they still hang their ornaments up ever year.
- After we have completed this I then give the kids a piece of writing paper with a spot for illustration. I let them write about their sled invention and draw a picture.
Grade Level(s): K
By: Amy Koch, kindergarten teacher