This activity introduces Abraham Lincoln to young students by making a log cabin from pretzels & chocolate icing.
- To introduce the children to Abraham Lincoln.
- To tie his log cabin into the lesson.
- 1 small milk carton for each child
- Enough containers of rich chocolate frosting to cover each house
- Skinny pretzel logs (short
- Small plastic plates
- Glue Gun
- Plastic knives
- Glue a milk carton onto each plate with the glue gun.
- Give each child a plastic knife (after a discussion on how to use them).
- Let them spread frosting all over containers.
- Put pretzel logs on frosting sideways so that they look like logs.
The children love doing this project. You wouldn’t believe how much frosting “accidentally” gets on their fingers. This project is also absolutely adorable to watch.
Grade Level(s): Preschool, K
By: Karey from Staten Island, NY
You might also be interested in: